Results will be announced on 30th April 2017, 9 PM. The names of all winners and finalists will be listed on our website.
The young generation has a talent for poetry, in their own unique ways they are expressing themselves everywhere. The ones who write love poems for their girlfriends, the ones who use social media to post quotes of their own, the ones who scribble poetry in their CBSE textbooks, the ones who recite poems to their dogs.
Wingword Poetry Prize 2017 is out to find these undiscovered poets from nooks and corners of India. Blank verses or meters, first love or breakup poem, humorous or witty poem, we are looking for all styles of poetry. We want your honest and original poetry. Whether you are from a big city like Mumbai or a small town like Kanpur, this could be your chance to shine! Make your city proud by participating in Wingword Poetry Prize.
Wingword Poetry Prize 2017 is open to participation from anyone between the age group of 15-24. Young Poets from all 29 states and 7 union territories of India will take part in the competition.
Grand Prize: INR 1,00,000
2nd Prize: INR 50,000
3rd Prize: INR 25,000
Top 30 Finalists: INR 10,000
Book Publication of Winning Poems
Certificates of Merit Awarded to 100 Shortlisted Poets
1. Poems must be in English.
2. Participants must be between the age group of 15-24.
3. Poems must be original works of the participant.
4. Beginners and amateur poets are encouraged to participate.
5. Any length and style of poetry is accepted (for example- blank verse, rhyme, sonnet or abstract).
6. The entry fee to participate in Wingword Poetry Prize is INR 600 for one poem and INR 1000 for three poems.
7. Each poem is judged separately. An individual can enter the poetry competition more than once by paying the respective fee for the number of poems.
We appreciate diversity and encourage poets to submit works of any style. Poetry is the genuine representation of your journey. The key element of judging will be creativity and originality. As long as your poetry offers an individual perspective, it stands a good chance to win.