The young generation has a talent for poetry, in their own unique ways they are expressing themselves everywhere. The ones who write love poems for their girlfriends, the ones who use social media to post quotes of their own, the ones who scribble poetry in their CBSE textbooks, the ones who recite poems to their dogs.
Wingword Poetry Prize 2017 is out to find these undiscovered poets from nooks and corners of India. Blank verses or meters, first love or breakup poem, humorous or witty poem, we are looking for all styles of poetry. We want your honest and original poetry. Whether you are from a big city like Mumbai or a small town like Kanpur, this could be your chance to shine! Make your city proud by participating in Wingword Poetry Prize.
Wingword Poetry Prize 2017 is open to participation from anyone between the age group of 15-24. Young Poets from all 29 states and 7 union territories of India will take part in the competition.
Grand Prize: INR 1,00,000
2nd Prize: INR 50,000
3rd Prize: INR 25,000
Top 30 Finalists: INR 10,000
Book Publication of Winning Poems
Certificates of Merit Awarded to 200 Shortlisted Poets
1. Poems must be in English.
2. Participants must be between the age group of 15-24.
3. Poems must be original works of the participant.
4. Beginners and amateur poets are encouraged to participate.
5. Any length and style of poetry is accepted (for example- blank verse, rhyme, sonnet or abstract).
6. The entry fee to participate in Wingword Poetry Prize is INR 600 for one poem and INR 1000 for three poems.
7. Each poem is judged separately. An individual can enter the poetry competition more than once by paying the respective fee for the number of poems.
8. The regular deadline to submit is February 26th 2017.
We appreciate diversity and encourage poets to submit works of any style. Poetry is the genuine representation of your journey. The key element of judging will be creativity and originality. As long as your poetry offers an individual perspective, it stands a good chance to win.
Submit to Wingword Prize
The entry fee to participate in Wingword Poetry Prize is:
One Poem: INR 600
Three Poems: INR 1000
Pay the entry fee for the number of poems you wish to submit. Upon successful payment, you will receive an e-mail with the submission form to attach your poems online. Please patiently wait for us to send you the e-mail. You can submit your works within 24 hours of payment.
Give your poetry the recognition it deserves, get started!
*Winners will be notified in April 2017. The names of all winners will be announced on our website.
*Regular Deadline To Participate: February 26th 2017, Midnight.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions. For other questions, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our team at 091-8368069337. We will be available through Monday to Friday between 10 AM to 7 PM.